LOCATION: South Africa

This blog is a special set-up for all of my friends who wish to keep in contact with me while I am in South Africa. I will try my best to post as many pictures as possible and I will post journal entries as often as possible. It will be an inside scoop on how my experience is going in Cape Town, in real time, for the next 6 weeks.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

SO as I mentioned the trip up table mountain has been canceled. I will be not be going since about 2 days ago a big group of people got lost on the mountain and had to have the rescue crew come and get them off the mountain. They climbed up the mountain at 2pm and reached by 4:45pm and were notified when they reached the top that they would not be able to go back down by the cable-car due to strong winds. So their only way down the mountain was by climbing back down. BUT the catch here is that it gets PITCH BLACK in Cape Town at about 6:00pm everyday. So they were climbing down at 5pm and midway down the mountain, Mother Nature cut off the lights on them and they counldn't see the steps in front of them on a MONSTER mountain in a foreign country. Talk about traumatized. I would be ridiculously scared. So, I have really decided that I dont really need to see table mountain from up close, since I can see it from my apartment.
They came back with their clothes all torn and tattered. They looked horrible and I was convinced that I could see Table Mountain from my apartment.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger Alicia Malik said...

Thanks and yeah I try to exercise some common sense every now and again. *wink*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats