LOCATION: South Africa

This blog is a special set-up for all of my friends who wish to keep in contact with me while I am in South Africa. I will try my best to post as many pictures as possible and I will post journal entries as often as possible. It will be an inside scoop on how my experience is going in Cape Town, in real time, for the next 6 weeks.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Preparation

Hey Everyone,
Welcome to my Online Journal of my experience in Africa. Relax! It's all in fun.
--- Leesha

OK, just to give you an idea of what's going on here, I just finished my first year of law school and everyone expects you to be productive this summer but not too productive because it's truly your last chance to sorta do "nothing" so I decided to do something fun and worthwhile... GO TO AFRICA. Hmmm, so I managed to gather together about 6K for this auspicious event, but then I sorta forgot about spending money and paying my bills while I am gone. Hmmm ... don't you just hate logistics? So the plan is to 1) ask church people for money, 2) ask family for money, 3) have a fish fry! (ha, you know you ghetto when ... you sell dinners at your crib for money, but hey - you gotta do what you gotta do). You may ask .. why not GET A JOB? Good question ... the problem here is that as a law student we are not allowed to get a job the first year of law school, so I haven't had a job since May 2005 and it's sorta hard to get a paying job for um ... 3 weeks. I don't know, I may be able to get a paper route, we shall see. But keep your ears and eyes open for money making opportunities for myself. Thanks for your support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats