LOCATION: South Africa

This blog is a special set-up for all of my friends who wish to keep in contact with me while I am in South Africa. I will try my best to post as many pictures as possible and I will post journal entries as often as possible. It will be an inside scoop on how my experience is going in Cape Town, in real time, for the next 6 weeks.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A lot in ONE entry

hey Everyone,
I know I have not written in a super long time but. Things have been so busy here. I have my first test in about 3 days and my pile has really been loading up at work. I have a new assignment to work on the website of my work place which is really incomplete. I will post it later but the firm is called Cape Compass Immigation. The job is such a trip since everyone is so open and expressive in the workplace. It has really been a cultural experience in a very laid back work environment that I am not used to in the states. Additionally, there has been a security strike here, which I believe is actually over now, but the company which was supplying our buses got burned TO THE GROUND about 4 days ago. But everyone is very calm and non-chalant about the whole ordeal. Its very ironic. I have a bunch of activities coming up but I really can't get going places until our 5 day break which begins on July 13th. A bunch of people are going to Jo'burg, BUT I am not too excited about that since there is a mass of political unrest there right now. I just figure if Cape Town people are saying its dangerous, i just might want to heed their warning. BUT I am going to a Kanye West concert for about 43 american dollars, I am sitting in a FRONT ROW SEAT. How cool is that? It's in an arena though so I am not sure exactly how good the seat will be but it can't be that bad in the front. OK I am in the middle of classes, so I must run. But I send my love to everyone. MUAH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats