LOCATION: South Africa

This blog is a special set-up for all of my friends who wish to keep in contact with me while I am in South Africa. I will try my best to post as many pictures as possible and I will post journal entries as often as possible. It will be an inside scoop on how my experience is going in Cape Town, in real time, for the next 6 weeks.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Britania Bay

HeY Everyone,

OK ... wow so where in the world do I start? I went on a retreat with my job at the law firm and all I can say is THOSE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY ... but it was sooooooo FUN! I truly had the time of a lifetime at a beach house in the Western Cape on Britannia Bay right off the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. The Ocean was literally in the backyard of the house. Surely there were free flowing libations, games, great food and some mock trials that we prepared for the weekend. I will now list some random events with minimum details:

Cooking: Most of the cooking was done on a small stove outside of the house, which used a fire and a big iron pot. BUT THE FOOD WAS OFF THE HOOK!

Dolphins: There were many jumping and leaping dolphins who basically performed for us daily and the son of my boss, Aviv essentially swam with the dolphins in his wet suit since the dolphins often gravitate towards humans and will swim along side of you.

Sharks: We didn't actually see any sharks but I did hear a story about a woman who was eaten by a shark in the Bay and all they found was a hat full of blood and there was a witness to the gobbling.

Shark Eggs: So since there are many sharks in this water, there are also many shark eggs. Of which I had never seen so I told my boss' water diving son to bring me a shark egg, so he fetched me one and I put it in the bathroom to dry but little did I know a 6 inch poisonous amphibious worm was hiding in the egg and he bit his way out of the egg and gave everyone in the house the HEEBIE GEEBIES.

Satanists: Um ... ok so there was another little boy who was about 12 yrs old and he claimed to be a Satanist who awaits his entry into heaven. This was a very serious affair since many "accidents" began occurring in the house thereafter, one of my coworkers fell, we found the little piranha, the dog threw up ... it was beginning to look like the exorcist in there. Ha ha, so we just prayed over him and let him be. The funny thing is, he was the sweetest kid you ever want to meet but he is just yearning for attention, love and affection that he does not get at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats